Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Vertigo

Well, it has been one heck of a month. I was out of commission for an entire day about a week and a half ago, I got Vertigo so bad I could barely walk. It was certainly not a pleasurably experience. And for an entire week afterwards, I was done for by the time I got home at night and was in bed by 10:30 every night for a week. Of course, that put me way behind at work. That's pretty bad, when you have to work after hours every night just to keep up. Anyway, the drug they gave me for the Vertigo, I thought was a little too conspicuously named. It was called AntiVert. Which sounds like its what you would prescribe for Vertigo, but no other pill I've ever taken has been named with regards to its purpose. Where is AntiFlu or AntiStrep? I haven't seen those on the market anywhere. In fact, I thought one of the requirements of any drug title was to have at least double the amount of consonants as vowels. And it has to end with -ine. Right? For example, Benzistline. I just made that up, but it sounds like something you might be prescribed right? Not AntiVert or NoMorePain. What's next, Cold-B-Gone?
Now, don't get me wrong, AntiVert is a miracle drug. My vertigo was gone in no time. I was even able to go to the Clemson game the next day. To whoever created it, thank you. Awesome drug. Let's just throw some more consonants in that title, and maybe some Latin. I think it makes the doctors feel smarter prescribing it that way.