Sunday, January 6, 2008

Burn Victim

Well, I am now a burn victim.  As I said before, Jeni and I are destined to burn this place down. 
Recently, the handle broke on the electric skillet in my hand.  In an attempt to save the rice-a-roni and at the same time, salvage the screw so that I might be able to repair the handle, I sacrificed my hand.  The left hand side of my left hand suffered pretty badly.  It burned for about 2 days.
However, there is a positive to this.  My office is soooo cold (we can't turn on the heat on my floor because of the server room) that it has been nice to at least have a portion of my body warm.  Friday, I was wearing long johns and a parka and a sock hat in the morning, but my left hand was warm, dang it.
Until winter is over, I may have to periodically burn parts of my body, for survival.  My office was below 60 degrees much of the week and never got above 64.  It doesn't sound cold at first, but try sitting in it for a few hours. 
Jeni, have you seen the matches?