Thursday, March 13, 2008

Dan In Real Life




Phil & I watched this movie last night. Before I go into my review on it I have to give a shout out to redbox for having great movies at $1.06 after tax. A friend of mine had already seen Dan & said she was let down because there wasn't constant humor in the movie. I was okay with that going in & I'm a HUGE Steve Carrell fan so his little bits of humor prob. resonate more with me than someone who doesn't watch The Office (best.show.ever.). The movie started out introducing us to the fam and showing Dan's life as a single, widowed, dad of three girls getting ready to head to a family trip in New England. Although there were some obvious plots in the movie they were presented in a different perspective than is normally used & had a softer tone to them. (I'm not going to go into detail for those who haven't seen the movie yet.) On a scale of 1-10 (1 being I'd rather sit in a tub of ants covered in sugar & 10 being elated & winning money) I rate this one at a 7. It had it's funny points. There was quirks that Steve Carrell brings out in everything he does & the performance of the other actors in the movie was well done. Go rentthis one, you won't be disappointed!