Tuesday, June 30, 2009

The governor

The governor

I've been asked to comment on our poor, misguided governorr, Mark Sanford.  I do have to say, the episode has left me quite speechless.  My comment is ... <Blank stare>.   I can say that I will never think of "hiking the appalachain trail" the same again.  The phrase has a whole new meaning, and is not quite the marketing that the appalachain trail was looking for I'm sure.  The sad part of the whole ordeal is that this is all about 7-8 years early for Mark.  Supposedly, he was in line to be a republican presidential candidate after Obama is done.  If this comes out after he's President, it's no big deal, just ask Clinton.  But beforehand, he might have to kiss that nomination goodbye.

Speaking of Obama, didn't he campaign that he was going to reduce government spending?  Has he done anything aside from spending money since being in office?  I know there a lot of criticism that Bush was always going over budget and increasing the deficit, as for Obama, I don't think it counts as staying within budget if you just print the money you need to make up the difference.