Tuesday, June 26, 2007

My Bloggable, Loveable Wife

Recently, Jeni has been experiencing some deep sleep. What makes this entertaining for me is when I try to wake her. See, she speaks before she is all the way awake. So I get a little piece of her dream even though she doesn't remember it at all when she gets woken up. Sunday morning was a double whammy. I was already up and working on getting breakfast ready when it was time to wake her up. So I went in and before she told me "another 5 minutes" and hit me on my nose (her symbolic snooze button) she asked me "Did you get your car figured out?". I said, "Huh?". "So you can get everything done, did you get your car figured out?". I said, "Yes". Within a few seconds, she turned over and asked for another 5 minutes. A couple minutes later, I came back in and tried to wake her again. This time she asked me "What about the daises?". Not knowing anything about any daisies, I asked her to clarify. She didn't say anything and just turned back over and said "I think I need to go back to sleep". That was all she said. Of course, when I woke her a third time, she remembered none of this and still claims I'm making it all up. Although, I'm not really that creative.
Later that same day, we were napping. Suddenly, she pushes me away, sits up in the bed and asks me if I'm alone. I was bewildered and didn't answer right away with anything except "What are you talking about?" Seemingly freaked out at this point she said, "You have to tell me, are you alone in here?". I was thinking, no, you're here, the cats are here, it's pretty crowded at the moment. But decided the correct answer would be "Yes, it's just me, I'm alone". She said OK and laid back down and was out. I tried to ask her what was going on but she didn't answer so I didn't wake her. I thought I'd blog about it instead. So if you ever see Jeni sound asleep, approach slowly and be prepared for anything.