Friday, June 29, 2007

The Steak and Waffle - Life in SC


One of the good things about living in the south is the dual purpose stores. I can remember when I was in college, one of the guys I lived with, we'll call him Brunson for the sake of this post, we used to always joke about two particular stores in Seneca, SC. One was the "Steak and Waffle". What a combo. "Good Morning, would you like to try our Belgian Waffle and Sirloin Steak special". Brunson was particularly fond of "Talk and Tan". Where you could buy a new cell phone, or get a sun tan. I guess the cell phone business was slow so they added a few tanning beds in the back.

Well, I ran across a picture today that reminded me of those. I'm not sure that this picture is in SC, but it could be. I like it. The "Bible and Tire." Instant classic. I can only imagine the July 4th weekend specials now "Buy 4 tires, get a free Bible". Or, "FREE hubcap with purchase of a Bible - ANY version".