Saturday, May 26, 2007

9 Years Ago

A long, long time 9 years ago, in a galaxy state far, far away, I graduated high school. This was on my mind this weekend as Jeni and I are in Indiana for my step sisters high school graduation. A couple thoughts from the graduation last night:

-Does anyone ever remember anything from their valedictorians speech? Heck, I can't even remember who gave ours, much less anything that was said. I would like to meet the person who claims, "My life was going nowhere, until I heard my valedictorians speech, it inspired me and changed my life".

-The song the band played in the middle of the ceremony, "Pirates of the Caribbean". This class loves Johnny Depp. Jeni suggested that the next speaker swing in on a rope. I expected graduates to start swashbuckling at any moment, for some entertainment.

9 years ago. Wow, seems like just the other day and so, so, so long ago at the same time.