Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Jon McLaughlin and Mat Kearney

Jeni and I won concert tickets to see Jon McLaughlin and Mat Kearney last Friday night. Two guys who can't spell their first name properly, but are immensely talented. The above video is of Jon, Jeni wasn't excited about seeing him in concert, but was very glad she went. He is amazing live. You have to watch the video, the speed of his hands is pretty incredible. During the concert, he easily played every key. Imagine listening to like 45 minutes of the above, its no wonder he was sweating and out of breath the whole time. Mat was good and I recommend you see him as well, but I'd wanted to see him in concert for about 2 years now and he hadn't played near me. When he finally did, I was almost too hyped and it didn't meet my expectations. Plus, I don't think he was happy to be playing Greenville, SC in a wings joint in a 'private' concert for a radio station. It was good, I just think that 2 years of expectations building couldn't have been met by anyone. But watch the above video, particularly after the 3 minute mark until the end, wow.