Saturday, August 25, 2007

Starship Enterprise Putter






So, I had the privilege to play golf on Thursday for work. It was put together by a two companies that we are working with, we currently use them as technology consultants on a couple projects and they have some software they want us to buy as well. So they brought us and a couple others up to Charlotte for a 2 hour technology briefing and demo and then off to the course for a round of golf, on their tab of course. Anyway, we played best ball and my team tied for second with a 69. However, it was a 4 man team (well, 3 men and a woman in the case of my team), but 3 out of 4 of us aren't making an appearance on the PGA Tour anytime soon, if you know what I mean. We all had handicaps above 20. But our A player had a handicap below 5. He made his own clubs. Knew all the golf lingo. And, he had a starship enterprise putter. That's right, pictures are above. That's how you know you are arrived in the golf world. I've seen it all on the golf course now. Seriously folks, it was the starship enterprise. Apparently, from what I hear from him, it has the lowest moment of inertia of any putter. That makes it extremely forgiving. But it's the nerdiest thing you can carry in your bag. It even had the Star Trek emblem and NCC-1701 on the grip! It was a trip, although by hole 4, I was already tired of all the beam me up Scotty jokes.