Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Fall TV Review

I guess I better write this before they all get cancelled. I try not to watch too much TV, but of what I do:

NBC
Chuck - Good concept. I like the idea of a computer guy working with spies and federal agents on missions and succeeding, but the "computer in the brain" plot line is a little too unrealistic for me. Plus, the show lacks something. I'm not even sure what, but with every week the jokes get a little worse and the action a little more unbelievable. I guess its meant to be an action and not a comedy, but is too little action and its confusing as to whether its a comedy, action, or drama. Decent show, but could be a lot better.

Journeyman - Well, if "computer in the brain" wasn't unrealistic for you, there's random time travel following people through time and seeing just how powerful Google really is. Oh, the people who could have been saved had Google been around in the 80's. I actually like this show, but I also enjoyed "Quantum Leap" and "Sliders." Has its flaws as well (he'd have been fired, divorced, and committed by now), but worth watching.

The Office - Not a new show, but still the best show on TV. The premier wasn't as good as the rest of the season has been and some of the hour long shows were a bit of a comedy stretch. A little too unbelievable even for Micheal Scott, but still good.

CBS
Big Bang Theory - I really like this show. I don't think it'll make it past midseason because the audience has to be pretty small, there just isn't a big demand for nerd humor. Socially inept nerds probably don't make for big time primetime ratings. Worth watching, you can catch up online.

How I Met Your Mother - Seriously, how long is this story? Still no sign of "mother"? And would you really tell your kids these stories?

CSI - Disappointed season so far, I think. Naturally, I'm not going to stop watching just yet, but none of the plotlines this season have kept my attention. The Sarah/Grissom thing isn't as interesting now that its out and its too blatantly obvious that the new girl and Greg are going to get together.

ABC -
The only show I watch on ABC is Lost, which doesn't return until Febuary 2008 and even only for a partial season. Why? Do they not know what to do next? Talk about losing your audience. No TV show should be able to take almost an entire year off. If there aren't a lot of answers when it does finally return, their viewers will drop off quickly, including me.

Which by the way, get some new shows ABC. Nothing on your network even looks interesting to me.