Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Rental Car Tires


I'm having some bad luck with rental care tires lately. My last rental in Colorado Springs got a flat tire that we had to have repaired. Then today on my way to Birmingham for work, a light in my Dodge Magnum (yep, it's a Hemi) started flashing and beeping on the dashboard. I had to look it up because its a weird looking light. Turns out, it's the tire pressure monitoring light. It detected a tire was low on air. So, I pulled into a gas station with no cash and no change. No cash back. Went to another gas station, and another, and then Wal-Mart. Grrrr. Finally, after getting some cash back from Wal-Mart, I went out to the air thing, and guess what? Out of order. I had to go back to one of the previous gas stations and put air in. However, the car doesn't tell you which tire is low and since I didn't have a tire pressure gauge handy, I had to put air in all the tires. Fun, fun. All in all, that tire pressure light cost me a 30 minute delay trying to find cash back somewhere and a working air compressor. Two straight rentals with tire problems, what are the odds.
On a side note, I got to pick my car yesterday. Dodge Magnum, Chrysler 300, or Toyota Prius. Save the Earth vs. Screw the Environment. Obviously, I chose Screw the Environment, give me the hemi. The 300 was my first choice, but it smelled like smoke inside, so I'm trying out the Magnum. Pretty nice so far, its roomy and has satellite radio (which I'll blog about later) so it was more equipped for the drive