Wednesday, October 24, 2007

What's New?

At work this morning in passing, someone asked me "What's new?" Someone else always asks me "What'd ya know?" I gotta say, there are no good answers to these questions. Those are not the kind of questions you ask someone in passing. Whatever happened to "How's it going?" or "What's up?". Questions that don't really require a detailed answer. Especially "What'd ya know?" Maybe I'm just socially inept and that's why I have no clue how to answer. Wait, I am socially inept. Regardless, I never know how to answer "What'd ya know." What is he looking for? "It's raining out." "The Rockies don't have a chance in the World Series" "Elephants are raiding villages in India looking for beer". "Trying to push applications to 372 blackberries is impossible" There are sooo many answers to the question that I never know how to answer and always end up sounding like an idiot. And to answer "What's new?", I feel like I should start with "Well, how long do you have?" There's always something it seems like, but is it ever anything the person really cares to hear? Also, apparently, I'm not very quick on my feet in these situations because I can't ever think of anything new or anything that I know when asked. That might be getting back to that being socially inept thing. Anyway, just some random thoughts for you while I wait for 33 GB of files to finish transferring.