Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Excerpts from real life conversations

Occasionally, I have conversations with people that have to be posted. Mostly ignorant people. Today, its an exerpt from a voicemail.

From Sprint engineer: "...We apologize for you calling me a liar".

First of all, I didn't call him a liar, I said "You better get your story straight!" about 3 times and told him to quit interupting me. I don't know about you, but when I chew someone out, I don't like to be interrupted. Basically, I've had some problems with Sprint over the last 16 hours and a tech on site told me at 9:36 that the repeater in the telco closet was the problem and had been fixed. Well, the tech at 12:30 who called to confirm the site was up said it was 10:36 and that it was a bad jumper wire that had been replaced. So I told him to get his story straight and call me back in an hour with an update. To which he said "Unbelievable" and hung up. I missed his call back in a hour because I was in a meeting, but he left a voicemail that included the above quote. Basically he said I was wrong and that it had been a jumper wire that goes into the repeater that was the problem and that "we apologize for you calling me a liar." Is that possible? Don't I have to approve of my apologizes? Can I apologize for Sprint for that guy being a prick?
This opens up a whole new can of worms if we can just apologize for other people without their knowledge.
Oh well, at least Sprint apologizes for me calling him a liar when I didn't call him a liar. I've had quite a bit of trouble with Sprint lately, I'd hate to see what it says on my file. I'm sure they have some choice words under my name.